Memoirs of Fls'Zen

Friday, September 11, 2009

iTunes 9 - Hidden Text

I have to say, that I'm a little ticked that the zoom button makes the iTunes window an awkward size instead of switching between the mini player. I decided it might be work a look through the strings in the iTunes binary to see if there was a bit of text relating to a .plist setting that might make me happy. I didn't find what I was looking for, but I did find some unusual text.

The first text I found was "In Memory of Tom Dowdy. We miss you Tom.". I wonder if this is somehow accessible through the UI, although I doubt it since text comes from localized resources. It's probably just a const someone put in there. It is null terminated, for what it's worth.

I found one other block of text that was interesting. I have no idea what they would be using this for:
SugarlandSugar land
(,
" - ,
Version[[emph -]] version
Track[[emph -]] Track

, featuring , [[emph -]] featuring [[xtnd mtlk tobi L- 0.0 ]] [[slnc 30]]
Love your friends [[xtnd mtlk tobi L-]]
E equals M C Squared E [[xtnd mtlk tobi L-]] [[slnc 10]] [[emph -]] equals M [[emph -]] C Squared
40 ounce 40 [[emph -]] ounce
Two-PockTwo [[emph -]] Pock
Will I Am [[emph +]] Will I [[emph +]] Am
Pussycat Dolls[[emph -]] Dolls
Goo Goo Dolls[[emph -]] Goo [[emph -]] Dolls
Rag Doll[[emph -]] Doll
Love your friends Love [[xtnd mtlk tobi L-]] your friends
Festa major
ursa major

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home